Investment Adviser Course
The Investment Adviser Knowledge & Skills course is designed for individuals who require authorisation by an Australian Financial Services License (AFSL) holder to provide advice on regulated Managed Investment products.
For existing authorised representatives, successful completion of this course allows you to extend your advisory range into Managed Investment products.
Focused on your Success
We recognise that employers are increasingly looking for candidates who are aware of the challenges of being a successful financial adviser.
Often a candidate’s Qualification is the only evidence that they possess the technical knowledge and skills requirements to conduct themselves professionally as an authorised representative. Unfortunately, this can not be said for all training providers.
With a RG 146 Training Australia qualification you have confidence in the fact that you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge gained from a credible industry-endorsed program that employs best practice assessment standards, helping you graduate at the leading edge of your chosen field.
“RG146 Training Australia simply makes our lives easier. Their professional problem-solving approach allows us to focus on other parts of the business; safe in the knowledge that RG146 graduates have what is takes to provide our clients with sound and accurate advice.” Charles Cavallaro, Professional Development Coordinator, Asgard, Securitor, St George
The Investment Adviser course will equip you with the specialist knowledge and technical skills to provide compliant advice to clients on property ownership structures, listed property trusts, managed investment schemes, shares and fixed interest products
Who Should Enrol?
This course is suitable for:
- individuals seeking employment with Investment companies
- individuals engaged in the promotion of Managed Investments and Securities
- financial advisers seeking to enhance their advisory capability in Managed Investments and Securities
Course Entry Requirement
This is an open entry course with no pre-requisite qualifications. In order for participants to successfully complete this course, it is recommended they have a strong grasp of literacy and numeracy.
Provide Advice in Managed Investments, Securities and Derivatives (Personal Advice)
- Provide advice in Managed Investments
- Provide advice in Securities
- Provide advice in Derivatives
- Analyse financial market products for clients
- Advise clients on financial risks
- Determine client requirements and expectations
- Record and implement client instructions
- Conduct product research to support recommendations
- Provide appropriate and timely information to clients
Provide Advice in Managed Investments, Securities and Derivatives (General Advice)
- Provide general advice on financial products and services
Individuals seeking to provide Tier 1 compliant advice on regulated Investment products, are required to successfully complete:
- Financial Advicecomprising Australian Industry Essentials and Financial Advice Fundamentals, plus
- Investment Planning
- General Advice candidates are required only to undertake assessment for Australian Industry Essentials and Investment Planning.
- Personal Advice candidates are required to undertake assessment for Australian Industry Essential, Financial Advice Fundamentals and Investment Planning.
Australian Industry Essentials
- Australian Economy
- Australian Financial Markets
- Investment Funds
- Corporations Act
- Regulatory Environment
- Licensees & Representatives
Financial Advice Fundamentals
- Personal Taxation
- Social Security
- Wealth Creation Fundamentals
- Estate Planning Fundamentals
- Establishing Client Relationship
- Identify Client Objectives & Financial Situation
- Analyse Client Objectives & Financial Situation
- Develop Strategies & Solutions
- Present Strategies & Solutions
- Implement Agreed Plan
- Provide On-going Advice
- Introduction to Financial Markets
- Introduction to Managed Investments
- Securities - Money Market Investments
- Securities - The Bond Market
- Securities - Shares
- Securities - Property Securities
- Specialised Investments
- Constructing Portfolios
- Use of Leverage
- Taxation Issues for Investors
- Conducting Research
This course is assessed via the completion of several multiple choice questions, a case study and role play (work-place simulation).
Note – General Advice candidates do not require adviser skills and therefore are exempt from adviser skills assessments.
If you only intend to inform clients about a product without making a recommendation this is the course for you.
- No hidden costs
- Self-Paced, start any time
- Online assessment
- 1300 phone support
- Call 1300 306 146 to speak to one of our trained consultants, or
- Download an enrolment form